November 13, 2013

How to Make a Planter Out of a Bible

How to Make a Plant Container Out of a Bible

Haworthia Attenuata in Bible Planter
Haworthia Attenuata in Bible Planter


Oh my has it been a really long time since I last posted here.   Not only have things been sort of chaotically disorganized in my life, but I am also overwhelmed with a multitude of tasks of late, leaving me little time, energy or motivation to write, because often, at the end of the day, I am just too exhausted and can't even think straight, never mind even think about what to write about.

  Fortunately today is not one of those days.  If you know me, then you know that I love growing houseplants and have a large collection of various plants throughout my home.  For quite some time I have been wanting to create a unique planter out of a book, however, haven't gotten around to doing it, particularly because I didn't want to destroy any of the books I own. 

Bible
Well, take it as a sign, but as I was dumping my trash into the dumpster outside, I noticed a small stack of books, one of them being a Bible.  I thought to myself "hmm.. a perfect candidate for destruction" and brought it inside with the intentions of creating a planter out of the Bible.

Of course you don't have to use a bible to create your own planter.  You can use the Koran or any other fairy tale you wish, so long as it's a hardcover and has enough depth to house the plant you wish to plant in it.

First you want to flip over several pages, and then cut away a hole through the remainder of the book making sure to leave a couple dozen pages at the bottom.




Next, flip over about 4 of the pages you cut out of and then line the hole with plastic.  Now fold the opened pages over the exposed plastic.  Fill with soil and plant your favorite small plant in it.
;

No comments :

Post a Comment