Pages

June 5, 2013

Family Chef Brand Products from Family Dollar Stores SUCK.

Don't Waste Your Money On Cheap, Poorly Manufactured Products by Family Chef Brand From Family Dollar That Are Harmful To Your Health.


As several of you know, I recently moved into a new apartment.  I had no cookware when I moved in, so visited Family Dollar, a so called discount store that carries mostly crap from China, as well as junk food and beverages, etc.. and purchased the Family Chef 7 Piece Cookware Set, which claims to be "made of high quality steel" as well as "non stick"... both of which are outright FALSE.   In addition to this, I also purchased the Family Chef 16 Piece Utensils Set in a rotating caddy.   Both of these products SUCK.  They're cheap for a reason, and that is because they're of poor quality and will be COMPLETELY USELESS after only a couple of uses.    Consider them akin to any disposable one time use product, because in my opinion, that's exactly what they are, AND they're HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH.

Family Chef 7 Piece Cookware by Family Dollar
Let's start with the cookware.   First off, high quality STEEL does not buckle up & warp when heated on a FREAKING STOVE.   On my very first use, the largest of the pots in this set, while boiling water, buckled...(not sure if this is the correct term to use) & warped... all of a sudden, I heard a loud "PLINK", and the pan bounced up a little bit, and on the bottom there is a large dent, as if someone had turned it upside down and banged it with a hammer.   This is not high quality steel, but what I would call cheap, poor quality TIN.

Now let's move on to "non stick".. Well, I'm sorry, but in my opinion, that's a LOAD OF HORSESHIT, because this too on my first use turned out to be a problem, because not only did my goddamn eggs STICK to the damn pan, but it was a real sonofabitch to clean.   Thereafter, over the course of a few days, the pans SMELLED AWFUL when cooking.. This odor was due to HIGHLY TOXIC FUMES being generated by the degradation of the non stick coating, and not only this, but tiny particles were also found in food prepared with these pieces of shit.  The fumes are hazardous to your health, and my assumption is that ingestion of these particles is bad for you as well.   AVOID THIS BRAND of pots and pans if you value your health if not your wallet.

FAMILY DOLLAR SUCKS
FAMILY DOLLAR SUCKS!
On this same visit to Family Dollar Ripoff Stores, I also picked up the Family Chef 16 Piece Utensil Set, another cheap ass product that sucks, because the spatula, on the very first use, at the same time my fucking eggs stuck to the so called non stick pan, melted, making it necessary to throw the eggs in the trash due to the melted plastic mixed in with them...  What kind of spatula melts turning over a stuck egg in a non stick pan, cooked on low heat from an electric stove?  Certainly this one...  needless to say, the others melted as well... a spoon in boiling water, the remainder inside the dishwasher.. when they come out of the dishwasher, they were miniscule in comparison to their original size, discolored, and severely disfigured.

I'm very disappointed.  I'm broke as it is and hate wasting money like this, because now, not only am I out of the cash I spent on this CRAP, I also need pots and pans to cook with, as well as utensils, and am freaking broke for another two weeks.   SCREW YOU FAMILY DOLLAR!   More importantly, what about my daughter and I's health?  Just how many of those non stick coating particles have we eaten before I noticed it, and how much of the toxic fumes did we breath in.  Reading online, it is said that these fumes are highly carcinogenic and are linked to causing cancer... WTF Family Dollar... would you like a lawsuit?

4 comments :

  1. I got a set of the stainless steel from Family Dollar, and they are great! I have had them for about 3 years now and still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a 5qt. non-stick pot 3 weeks ago. all I wanted it for was to brew tea in. The first time I used it , just water and tea bags, the non- stick bottom started to pucker. The second time I used it it started to rust. The third time I used it my tea came out black because the non-stick surface dissolved in the tea and turned it black. Since I was only making tea in the pot it was easy to notice the surface coming off the pot. But what happens to people who are not cooking anything clear and don't notice the non-stick surface was coming off in their food. That stuff is poisonous. You need to remove all of them from the dollar stores before someone gets really sick or dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a stainless steel set grom Family Dollar with clad aluminum bases for even heating and they seem to be decent cookware and were not the cheapest out there either. Other real cheap, non-stick pans, regardless if where you buy them are not worth the much. The brand name non-stick like T-Fal IS worth the money as I have several items from them and they are very decent for cooking and perform as advertised. Cost a bit more though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. non stick cookware not very good,love the the stainless cookware tho,never had any problems with anything else I've bought from them,I have a great store in my neighborhood with great staff and management,wonderful customer care,if I had a problem I'm sure they would fix the problem ,I have no problems spending my money with them.37421,

    ReplyDelete